I actually have a few posts on the go, and was hoping to actually publish a couple of them this week - however that cough I was talking about last weekend actually turned out to be pneumonia - can you believe that?? No, I couldn't either. The week before last I had very strong pain on my right side behind my shoulder blade - I thought at the time I had pulled a muscle, but now that a chest x-ray has confirmed low-grade pneumonia on my right lung, of course it all makes sense!
Anyway, enough of my excuses, let's get this post moving.
I was recently inspired by Amy over at Positively Splendid. She is turning 30 soon and decided to do a list of things to she wanted to accomplish before her big birthday - she called it Thirty Before Thirty.
Well I am well past 30 years of age, but I liked the idea of accomplishing thirty small things in as many days. So I decided the month of July would be it!
Here is my Thirty Things in Thirty Days list - some of them are copied right off Amy's list, and some are mine. I just picked things I've been wanting to do for a while and never seem to get around to. They are:
1. Go on a date night with Boofy
2. Cook something with an ingredient I've never used before
3. Use the massage/ pedi/ facial voucher Boofy bought me for Xmas
4. Write a letter to Alex about how funny he is at this age and put it away in his box of treasures
5. Spend a day totally unplugged from the internet
6. Organise the cupboard in the spare room
7. Cull Alex's toys (soooo overdue!)
8. Plant out the vege garden
9. Do something special with Alex, just the two of us
10. Complete some new sewing projects
11. Have a movie night at home with my 2 favourite boys
12. Read a book
13. Put on a BBQ brekky for our friends Julie & Tony and their kids
14. Go and see my Grandma
15. Go op-shopping in my local area
16. Revamp an op shop find
17. Clean up my desk at work and make it look a bit nicer (at the moment, it's just depressing!)
18. Look after Julie & Tony's kids for a day so they can have some kid-free time
19. Try a project I've seen in Blogland
20. Try a project I've seen on Pinterest
21. Organise and send out invites for Alex's Baptism (in August)
22. Redecorate the area where my random cupboards are
23. Finish off the cabinet of Nanna's treasures (as started in this post)
24. Go out for dinner as a family
25. Take Alex to mini golf
26. Write a long letter to Jo Jo (the beautiful grandmother of an old friend who has sadly been missing for several years)
27. Hang painting in the laundry
28. Go and see the new Harry Potter movie
29. Bake some savoury muffins to take in for my work mates
30. Print and frame a free printable from the internet (there are so many to choose from!)
So there you go, thirty things in thirty days.... I wonder if I will be able to do it all? Probably not, but its good to have a goal nonetheless! I will keep you up to date with my progress as I get through them.
Anyone care to join me? If so, I'd love to hear what your list is.
Bye for now :)