Thursday, June 7, 2012

A little taste of Oz for friends far away...

A few days ago I wrote this post about an exchange of home made wares I did with a fellow blogger who lives in America.... and you might recall I said that I'd post about what I sent her and her beautiful girls?  Well, here is the loot (excuse the table - could have benefited from a polish before I took this photo!):

Of course there are the obligatory book bags and pencil rolls - plus all manner of Australiana.....  Michelle had told me that The Bee is a very classic girl, so I flipped out when I found this button.... I was soooo excited (and according to Michelle The Bee loved it too - bingo!)


The new addition to my repertoire though was these little cuties - little birdy handwarmers!  I couldn't even tell you where I got the idea for these, but I knew at some point I wanted to make them for someone who lived somewhere cold....  Little friends to heat up and hold in your coat pockets when its chilly - how cosy does that sound?  And so here they are, with their little buttons for eyes (I just filled them with lavender).



Michelle told me Felafel slept with hers the first night - sooooooooo cute! :)  And that The Bee called her Kangaroo Jefferey - I'm a big fan of people names for animals too, I love it!

And if you'd like to see Felafel admiring the goods, hop on over to Michelle's blog here and check it out.

Bye for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment