Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sweet dreams...

So we have repainted nearly our whole house... but my bedroom remains in its original state with the grubby looking aqua walls staring back at me...




There is so much wrong with this room - the furniture is a hodge podge, there's an ugly window air conditioner (except its stuck in the wall not the window - so removing it involves plastering, brick laying etc - which is why its still there after several years!)  But it does have a nice outlook with the trees outside, and on a lovely sunny winter's day, the light that shines in this room makes me happy :)

Anyways, with no funds in the budget for a makeover at this stage, and my own indecision about what colour to paint it, I did what any girl would do and went surfing on Pinterest for some dream bedroom images to pin to my 'Bed' board!  

So for your viewing pleasure, here are some of my favourites....  Some I love the whole room, but others I just pinned for their colour palettes...

Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source
One thing I have learnt from this blog post is that I'm obviously enjoying a bit of colour (particularly blue) but still loving white... beyond that its a strange mix, and so still not a clue!  Which are your favourites?  I'd love to hear!

Bye for now :)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that first one! It is really close to your bedroom as is. I think that would be so easy to accomplish.
    I can't wait to see what you do!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's my favourite too Michelle! I'm not mad keen on orange and red in bedrooms, but I think the blue really cools it down.... have to have a think about what I can do on low funds!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Wow those pics are so inspirational! I loved them all! Now I feel like redoing MY room! It certainly needs a makeover! = )

    If you are handy with a sewing machine, so much of this is easy to accomplish! We have an amazing place near us with thousands of amazing fabrics for $4 per metre! That and a bucket of paint and you're almost there!

    Can't wait to see how this room will look! I LOVE Alex's room! = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen I am very good at sewing, as long as its in straight lines!! LOL.... Fortunately bed linen usually is - I made that cover you see in the photo above for the body pillow, I did it on a whim, it was easy peasy!

    Where is that fabric shop? OMG $4 a metre.... are you anywhere near me??

    K :)

    ReplyDelete