Monday, April 25, 2011

What Easter Sunday looks like...

What does Easter Sunday look like in our house?  It looks a lot like this...

After discovering that the Easter bunny had, in fact, eaten the carrots, cheese, sultanas and scotch finger biscuits left out for him (Alex's choice!) we set off on a treasure hunt using the map that the Easter bunny had left.  This resulted in one very excited boy with more chocolate than any 3 year old could possibly need! 



















And also a non-chocolate haul of PJ's, a new ball, a book and some undies (not pictured!)

We all had some breakfast, then had some fun with Alex's new ball (to burn off some of the sugar in all that chocolate!)

Alex is in the process of dropping his day sleep, but still has a rest (without sleeping) at lunch time.  So while Daddy rested with Alex in our bed and watched Ratatouille (the current favourite around here), I was dreaming of finally getting motivated to do something with that table I bought off eBay for $5 back in January.  I dragged out the scrapbooking papers I wanted to use for the top of it to see what sort of patterns I had, then knocked up this very rough sketch of how I wanted it to look (this will probably not mean anything to anyone but me!)


















Completion coincided with the time Alex was due to get out of bed, but I was just getting started... I had the idea that I really wanted to cut out the papers and paste them down to see how it looked, but I knew Alex would want to 'help' :)  So I got out 2 glue sticks, some spare A4 paper and the kiddies scissors, and pretty soon Alex and I were 'working' happily side by side at the desk


















This worked really well for about an hour and a half , which was about 80 minutes longer than I thought it would last, so bonus for me!  And bonus for Boofy as well, since he got to sit quietly in the lounge room and watch Sea Biscuit (except for exclaiming in wonder over the occasional paper rocket gift!)  But we didn't stay looking quite so neat at my desk for too long... pretty soon the desk had morphed into this...


















Somewhere along the way, Alex had decided that he needed the pillow off his bed and every cushion from the toy room, plus a couple of extra chairs, so his workstation looked like this...























But at least he was happy, and I had managed to produce my little diagram of how I hoped my coffee table might turn out...


















You can see the previous post for more details on that... and I'd still love to receive any feedback you might have about the design (in your mind, picture it on a coffee table and let me know what you come up with)... I'm now leaning toward removing those four horizontal brown stripes and just doing a brown border around the outside...  What do you think?

Bye for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment